Monday, January 31, 2011

Here You Are and I Know I'm Safe

My trip to school this morning was delightful. My head kept chanting the words 'last day of school, last day of school!' endlessly. Massive rain flushed the city last night and so the remaining thick dew on my school bus's window made it difficult for me to see what was outside. As the sunlight slowly penetrated through, I could see the siluette of coconut trees and some of the wooden houses. It was exactly like what I would see in Art Room every Tuesday afternoon and Thursday morning on Mr Noel's canvases, hey I miss Mr Noel. HEH HEH. I do, actually.
Then this thought came across. I spend roughly 334/365 of my time growing up here every year, times that by 5 then you'll get (334x5)/(365x5) = 1670/1825. The remaining 155 days are spent at home annually. I looked to the left and the sun was following me, thinking how when I was a kid I used to pretend we were playing 'tag' with each other. The morning breez brushed my cheek and messed my bangs a little. Then this one thing I have never ever bothered thinking of popped up in my mind out of nowhere, I could really miss this place someday.
Although I'm not really a big fan of you but we shall never stop playing 'tag' sun. Shine and guide me with your light always, exactly the way you did to me on this very last day of January. May you shine brighter next month, my friend (I)

No comments: